If you are looking for a New Year 2018 resolutions a healthier mouth is our priority.
- Book to see you dentist for a regular check-up, don’t forget to see your hygienist, she will advise you about your oral hygiene.
- Brushing your teeth is a part of your daily routine, if you are brushing only once a day increase it to twice, don’t forgot to use the floss or interdental brushes daily.
- Change you tooth brush every 2 to 3 months, and if possible, start using an electric brush with a round head; this will help improve your teeth and gums.
- Eat a healthy diet, reduce your sugar and fizzy drinks intake, it has been confirmed that there is a direct link between the amount of sugar a person eats and the amount of tooth decay he has.
- Stop smoking, it has been linked with a number of health issues, make “quit smoking” one of the most important New Year’s resolutions for you and your family.
- Improve your smile, it has been scientifically proven that a simple smile can boost our moods, relieve stress and even strengthen our immune systems.
- It’s never too late to see an orthodontist. Beyond the cosmetic issues that can be associated with an incorrect bite, there also are dental health implications. A misaligned bite can lead to temporo-mandibular joint disorder, interfere with eating and speaking, and lead to abnormal tooth wear. It’s never too late to right your bite, so make 2018 the year that you consult with an orthodontist about your options.